Going green isn’t just for tree huggers any more. With energy prices rising and everyone trying to watch their spending, purchasing green products and thinking about the environment is a responsibility we need to take seriously so our children and future generations can continue to enjoy our planet as we have. Regulations will continue to increase and the use of green products and building techniques are here to stay.
Mark V. Pelletier and president of M. V. Pelletier, Inc. is a Certified Green Professional, a designation he has earned through the National Association of Homebuilders. There are many ways to make your remodeling project more energy efficient, reduce water consumption, improve ventilation, incorporate the use of sustainable materials and reduce or eliminate off-gassing products. We would be glad to discuss the many options available for you to go green on your next remodeling project, here are some suggested items:
Top 10 Reasons and Ways to Remodel Green
By National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI)
The National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI) shares with homeowners reasons and ways to go green.
Top Ten Reasons to Remodel Green
- Lowers energy consumption
- Reduces operating costs in the home by increasing efficiency
- Conserves natural resources
- Increases the value of the home
- Improves indoor air quality and in turn, overall health
- Reduces waste and emissions
- Lowers pollution causing less harm to the environment
- Increases productivity of occupants
- Improves quality of life and raises comfort
- Saves money
Top Ten Ways to Implement Green in Your Home
Green remodeling can be done in small ways and doesn’t necessarily have to encompass the entire home. It’s easy to pick and choose elements that fit a particular homeowner.
- Use non-toxic paints and sealants
- Install programmable thermostats
- Invest in energy-efficient appliances
- Install natural flooring
- Use local building materials
- Choose natural fiber rugs and fabrics
- Select recycled material roof shingles and tiles
- Specify energy efficient lighting
- Insulate your hot water pipes
- Landscape with native plants
M.V. Pelletier is now offering green remodeling for our customers. Let MVP educate you on the latest ways to Go Green. Ask us how you can take advantage of the above listed items to protect the environment and your investment. Contact us for your next remodeling project.